🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Error 500 (A) Issues
Page options
bribear521
Community Member

Error 500 (A) Issues

I'm unable to access Upwork's main site, but I just found out that I can use this section.  Whenever I try to log in I'm met with an Error 500 (A) message.  If I try reporting the issue, I'm unable to, because I'll be sent right back to the error message.  I believe that I need to verify my email, but I can't send the link due to the error.  Any help?

Some extra info:  I've tried accessing it through the Upwork app on my phone (it gave me an error message and then the whole app crashed), Chrome browsers on my PC and phone, the Edge browser on my PC, some generic browser that comes downloaded on my phone, and incognito mode on Chrome for PC, but it still gives me an error.  I even cleared the cache on my phone's Chrome but that didn't help.  I apologize if this section of my post seems a bit messy.

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Briana, 

I think I'm a bit familiar with your concern. Could you please confirm if when you click on the link to verify your email address, you're unable to access the page where the link redirects to?

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I'm not really sure how or why this happened, but when I tried logging in, the website didn't recognize my username or email.  I created a new account and now I'm able to access Upwork and I was able to verify my email.  The previous account I that I posted with is still up though?  Was something done between now and then?

Hi Briana, 

I had the team look into your account and a member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. As a gentle reminder, please know that users are only allowed one account on Upwork regardless if the old account is closed, suspended, or limited. I would recommend that you relay with the team that will assist you so that you (may) have an old account so that we can locate it and assist you with moving forward with your Upwork account.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths