🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Error Message
Page options
kassianr
Community Member

Error Message

Hi All!!

I am trying to create my profile, and I cant get passed these error messages on the drop down boxes!

Can anyone help?!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

48 REPLIES 48
maryannefraser
Community Member

I have the same error message.

JoanneP

Hi Kassian and Maryanne,

Can you please try another browser or clear your cache and cookies? If you still experience issues completing your profile, please let us know so we can investigate further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I am creating an Upwork profile for the first time, but I am unable to save the profile because the English proficiency box and the availability box will not allow me to add anything. When I click on the green drop down arrows, no options appear. Will you assist me with this? Thank you in advance, Aimee Ebron

Hi Aimee,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you are describing. 

Please clear your cache and cookies and/or try an alternate browser to see if the issue persist. If it does, please let us know and we'll have one of our agents assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,
As instructed in your last email, I cleared my cache; however, I am still unable to add my availability and English Proficiency. Please review the screenshots below:

When I click on the drop down arrows, options do not appear.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Aimee Ebron

Hi!

I am trying to do my profile and the drop down boxes for English Proficiency or any other drop down box has html code in it so that I cannot select anything to finish doing my profile.

How can this be fixed?

Hi Eunice and Aimee,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with submitting your applications, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
djdavis1
Community Member

Hey Bojan,

I’m having the same issue with not being able to populate the English proficiency or availability drop box. There are no options for me to select.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Da'Vaun,

I tried replicating your concern and I was able to view the drop down selection for both sections. Please clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser and see if that works. If you're still unable to see the selections on the drop down, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I can t set up my freelancer account as it is an error by the dropdown for english level and number of hours.Please help me

Thank you

Hi Sabina,

May you please try using another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mobi2050
Community Member

Hello,

I am a new Freelancer and trying to create my profile first time but drop down buttons of  "What is your English proficiency" and "How many hours do you have available to work each week" are not working. I click it and no sub options are showed. I also tried to type in directly and it does not work too. Please help. I spent 2 hours last night and got stuck on that page and cannot complete my profile.

Mobeen

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mobeen,

May you please try using a different browser, try using the Google Chrome, to see if the issue persists? 

If it persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am unable to complete profile page - errors, unable to select "What is your English proficiency?" or "How many hours do you have available for work each week? "  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dino,

May you please try using a different browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Try using Google Chrome. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shushu1
Community Member

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

I'm new to upwork and iv'e just started to create a profile.

I can't make any changes under two tabs - "What is your English proficiency"?  How many hours do you have available for work each week?

on both cases the little green arrow is stuck and there is a massege that starts with the letters VM.GET AVAILABILITY/PROFICIENCY TITLE.....

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shay, 

May you please try using Google Chrome to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello. Why when filling out my profile i do not open these fields?

Please see the attached errors and help fix them so I can complete my freelancer profile. Thanks. 

Hi Patricia,

Please try using a different browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Try using Google Chrome. 

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork
sshirai
Community Member

why am I not able to enter info into the English proficiency and hours available sections?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

HScott,

Could you please try using Google Chrome to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sshirai
Community Member

Thanks to whomever you are. It worked!

Hi, I have spent ages creating a profile but it won't allow me to enter:

- Proficiency in English.

- Availability for work each week.

Both options are required but display only some techno-babble-code and there are no drop-down options.

This means that I cannot click 'continue' on the form.

Can this be sorted please?

If it can be, will I have to re-create my profile all over again? 

Hi Alastair,

May you please try using Google Chrome to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm trying to set up my account, but I can't select the English proficiency or my availability (both required). Did anyone else have this problem?

Hi Samantha,

Please try using Google Chrome to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mlindak
Community Member

I am trying to apply to be a freelance Admin with Upwork but I the English proficiency and Hours available fields are unavailable showing code and giving errors so I cannot continue with my application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Linda,

Could you please try using Google Chrome to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mlindak
Community Member

Thank you for the reply. I do not have Google Chrome loaded on my laptop
and do not use that browser. One of the supported browsers you listed was
Microsoft Edge which is what I am using with Windows 10. I currently have
the latest IE and Microsoft Edge browser, I really do not want to load
another browser on my system and bog it down.

If this cannot work, perhaps I should just refrain from joining upwork. I
spent a lot of time loading my information last night to only find it did
not save and had to reload it all over again today. As you can imagine
this is becoming more cumbersome than it is worth.

Regards.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Linda,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I am facing the same issue and unable to complete my profile because it is getting stuck at the Language page and throwing the error.

Please Help!

Hi Mehta,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please share a screenshot of the error you are receiving so that we can take a look? I suggest that you try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that helps.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a profile on Upwork as a Frelancer. However, I'm unable to proceed because of two technical errors: 1) Under "What is your English Proficiency?" Question, there is an error message....which doesn't allow me to select an option to answer the question. The same thing is happening with  2) "How many hours do you have available for work each week?, there is an error message which doesn't allow me to select an option to answer the question. 

I've attached a picture/snapshot of what I'm seeing on my screen. Please help and advise next steps.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser (Desktop or Laptop) to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,

I already tried that. The problem is still there. Please help. I'm also
using Microsoft edge. Is there another browser I should use?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Please try using Chrome or FireFox and let me know if you`re experiencing the same problem, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The field about language skills and hours worked fields in the Create Profile are dislplaying code and they dropdowns don't work.  I cannot proceed past the screen.  I cannot find anywhere to report the problem. 

Hi Amy, 

Could you please try using a different browser, such as Google Chrome, to see if the issue persists? 

Let us know if it doesn't work so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths