🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Escrow Payment Confusion
Page options
adoms1
Community Member

Escrow Payment Confusion

Hey everyone,

Quick question, maybe I'm misreading something or getting confused somewhere.

So I requested that the client verify payment and they messaged back when they did. For this fixed rate project, the "My Jobs" page shows the contract amount as being not funded but in the "Milestones and Earnings" page, it shows the amount as in escrow but the amount also as (unverified)

Which one do I follow? 

-alex

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Alexander D wrote:

Hey everyone,

Quick question, maybe I'm misreading something or getting confused somewhere.

So I requested that the client verify payment and they messaged back when they did. For this fixed rate project, the "My Jobs" page shows the contract amount as being not funded but in the "Milestones and Earnings" page, it shows the amount as in escrow but the amount also as (unverified)

If the client's payment method is not verified yet, the amount can be in escrow but unless and until the client verifies their payment method it can never be released to you.

adoms1
Community Member

I attached a screengrab of my confusion. Does this mean the money is in escrow or that it is not funded? What's the final verdict to submit work?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Alex D wrote:

I attached a screengrab of my confusion. Does this mean the money is in escrow or that it is not funded? What's the final verdict to submit work?

You submit work when the milestone is funded. You only start work when the milestone is funded. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths