cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Escrow timezone question.

Community Leader
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
1 of 5

I've Escrow its 5 days will end 21 Sept.

I'll be able to buy connects by this money when 21 Sept starts by which country time ?

or its 5 days 5*24h from the releasing moment and have nothing to do with 6th day start?

Marvelous.
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

I think you are asking about the security period. The security period is UTC and the same across the board regardless of time of release. So it's 5 days from the day of release midnight UTC.

So, as an example, I had someone release this morning for me (Sept 20th). The money is available to me on Sept 25 UTC midnight. That is 8pm EST on Sept 24th for me. The time it is released within that day doesn't matter. 

Go into your reports and look at pending after it's released from escrow, and you will see what day it's available. Everything you need to know about where your money is at in the system is in the basic default report.

Community Leader
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
3 of 5

yup it will be available by 21 Sept, but wanted to know which hour in my time, as I saved some great jobs need to send proposals to it, Thanks for replying.

Marvelous.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 5

Hi Noureldin,

A payment usually becomes available for the freelancer to withdraw at 12am UTC on the date that's showing in the Transaction History.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 5

Noureldin Y wrote:

yup it will be available by 21 Sept, but wanted to know which hour in my time, as I saved some great jobs need to send proposals to it, Thanks for replying.

Go to a world clock site and figure out what time in your time zone is 12 midnight UTC on that date. Or calculate what time it is in your time zone for 8pm EST.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS