🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Event Planner Skills Showing on Profile
Page options
morgandifran
Community Member

Event Planner Skills Showing on Profile

Hi everyone! Can anyone show me where to find the event planner skills to add to your profile? I can't find them as options anywhere!

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Morgan,

On your profile, under the Skills section, please select the 'Pencil/Edit' button:

1.png

You'll have to remove one of your exiting skills first as you have added the maximum number of skills. Then start typing the ''event '' and ''Event Planning'' skill will be offered to you in the drop-down menu:

2.png

I hope this helped?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

I can provide general guidance on how you might enhance your profile with relevant skills:

1. LinkedIn:

• Go to your profile page.
    • Under the "Skills" section, you can add skills related to event planning. You can start typing "event planning," and LinkedIn will suggest related skills.
  2. Other Job Platforms:

• Most job platforms and professional networking sites have a section for skills on user profiles.
    • Look for an "Edit Profile" or "Add Skills" option.
    • Type in skills related to event planning, such as "event coordination," "event management," or specific software/tools you are proficient in.
  3. Resume or CV:

• If you are not using a specific platform, you can always include event planning skills in the skills section of your resume or CV.
    • Create a dedicated section for skills and list relevant ones related to event planning.
  4. Customize Your Profile:

• Some platforms allow you to add custom sections to your profile.
    • If there isn't a predefined "event planning" category, consider creating a custom section titled "Event Planning Skills" or similar.
  5. Networking:

• Connect with professionals in the event planning industry.
    • Join relevant groups and forums where you can showcase your skills and experience.
  6. Update Regularly:

• Keep your profile updated with your latest skills and experiences.

Remember that platform features and interfaces may change over time, so it's a good idea to check the help or support section of the specific platform you are using for the most accurate and up-to-date information. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths