🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Everyone beware of this buyer
Page options
8f504254
Community Member

Everyone beware of this buyer

A man named **Edited for Community Guidelines** from United States posted a job on Upwork. I sent the proposal to his post. Then he messaged me in inbox. As I am new to Upwork, I didn't understand his cheating strategy. He blocked me after doing the work and no further contact. I didn't expect such a client at Upwork. Everyone beware of this buyer.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Ho Sonjoy Kumar,

We truly appreciate you reporting this and I'm sorry to hear about this disappointing experience. I have escalated your report to the appropriate team and they will surely review the job along with the client's account.

Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Also, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bingiart
Community Member

Important for data entry workers

Check this Expert talk

Identifying & Avoiding Scams : https://community.upwork.com/t5/Videos/Identifying-amp-Avoiding-Scams/ta-p/1088711

ArjayM

Ho Sonjoy Kumar,

We truly appreciate you reporting this and I'm sorry to hear about this disappointing experience. I have escalated your report to the appropriate team and they will surely review the job along with the client's account.

Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Also, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths