cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeding Work Hours On An Hourly Contract

Annicca A Member Since: Jan 6, 2021
11 of 14

Hi, Goran!

Does that mean I can already add the manual hours for consistency/documentation in the work diary and reports OR only after my client agrees to pay a bonus or adjust the weekly limit?

Thank you!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 14

Annica:

We don't know what your situation is.

You need to ask a specific question or explain your situation so we can advise you.

Annicca A Member Since: Jan 6, 2021
13 of 14

Hi, Preston!

I'm following this thread about exceeding work hours on an hourly contract, initiated by Dragica V. I have the desktop app and kept the time tracker going beyond my 10-hour weekly limit. I worked on a task for 14 hours, 4 hours in excess. My client and I discussed during our exploratory call before finalizing the contract that I might need some adjustment during the first few weeks. I was hoping I can show him what I worked on and give him the option (not force/require) to pay via bonus or by adjusting the weekly limit for this week.  

My question is: Should I already add the manual hours for consistency/documentation in the work diary and reports OR should I wait for my client to agree to paying a bonus or adjusting the weekly limit before adding manual hours? He enabled manual hours but I haven't added the 4 hours in the report. It's just reflected in my work diary/time tracker.

Thank you for your help!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 14

If it was me, I would have stopped working at ten hours and sent a message to the client to explain that I can finish the current task next week when time is available again, or this week if he increases the number of hours I can work.

I would never ask for a client to pay using a bonus payment to cover hours I worked beyond the weekly maximum.

Manual hours has nothing to do with the weekly maximum number of hours.

If I work, I record the time. If I need to use manually logged time, it is only in rare circumstances. If I work, I almost always use the time-tracker. If I am working over the weekly maximum number of hours, I continue using the time-tracker.

If you worked for four hours that were not recorded, then I recommend you add those using manual time. And I recommend you tell the client that you worked beyond the maximum and need more time in order to continue working this week.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS