🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Exchange rate difference
Page options
toa_mnan
Community Member

Exchange rate difference

I am new on Upwork and withdraw a couple of times. I found 1-2 per Dollar difference on current exchange rate from USD to my local currency. Anybody know anything?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kumar,

We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, the difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency. Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kumar,

We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, the difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency. Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths