cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not able to submit proposals or apply... too new to Upwork?

Jatin V Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
1 of 8

Hi,

I have 12+ years rich experienced in software development and project management field. From last 6+ years I am working in Salesforce configuration and customization. Please review my profile for more details.

Due to lack of time, I could not do work as freelance. Now, I am on Upwork and submitting proposals but didn't getting anything. I observed that there are 2 constraints with almost all jobs: Job Success Score: At least 90% and Include Rising Talent: Yes. If a freelancer has relevant experience but new to Upwork then how these 2 constrains can fulfill and in such can his/her proposal would not be considered.

Please guide and update me on the same.

Regards,

Jatin Vyas

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

Experienced but new to upwork is the best place to be. You have to learn how to spot real players and write a proposal. That's the stuff you don't learn at a job.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 8

Hi Jatin, welcome to Upwork!

Please note that you can submit a proposal for jobs that include preferences you mentioned as long as you have the skills to complete it successfully. Your proposal will be displayed to clients in that case and they will be able to award you the job.

Please review these resources which will shed more light on the inner working of the Upwork platform and help you get a head start by highlight your strong points in your profile and proposals.

Kelsey J Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
4 of 8

I'm very excited to get started and begin submitting proposals, but it seems that every job I click into, I'm not qualified to even apply simply because I'm new to Upwork. Every listing says I'm not qualified because I don't have a "job success score" nor do I meet the "includes rising talent" qualification.

How does one even get started if no job listings allow newbies to apply? 

Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
5 of 8

You can still apply, even if you don't meet those requirements.

The first contract I scored was one where I did not have the required hours (I think it was 100+) and I'm still with that client, a year later.

6 of 8

Thank you! I didn't want to just start applying if I didn't meet the qualifications. This is good information! I appreciate your swift response.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 8

Hi Kelsey,

Glad to have you with us. Please check the information I shared with the OP above and make sure to follow up on the thread I linked in my post.

Let us know if you have any questions afterwards.

8 of 8

Thank you for such a quick response! I'll take a look at the helpful links you provided.