🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » FRAUD/ HOAX Warning.
Page options
kielballesteros
Community Member

FRAUD/ HOAX Warning.

I recently encountered a hoax for the posting for a Paragraphic Copywriter position. If it's too good to be true, do your research. What this person did was take the profile picture of someone from LinkedIn and made it seem like they were that person posing as a Chief Human Resource Officer. They make you go through an interview process which I'm sure everyone that has encountered them pass. What they do is say that they are going to give you a check for office supplies, they want you to deposit it (I fell for it, now my bank is locked) and want you to send cash to a third party vendor. I did contact the main person through LinkedIn and she confirmed that the person I was talking to was in fact not her. So my point here is to help anybody that encounters these people again.  

2 REPLIES 2
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Kiel,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for reporting this here. I could see that our team has already taken down the client account. Please read this article to help you avoid questionable jobs. Thank you and good luck!

Untitled

Kiel -not to kick you when you're down, but accepting any form of payment except through Upwork is absolutely forbidden.  Please, for your own sake, learn how the platform works.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths