🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Failed to verify phone number
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Robert, 

I shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
geraldlopez0101
Community Member

Hello,

I am new here to upwork. I am trying to complete my profile.

But I entered an invalid phone number. I can no longer get the verification code for that phone number.

I tried to change it but I can't find a way.

I tried to change it on settings too, but it redirects to complete profile steps again.

Hi Gerald, 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi I am having the same issue, please help

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
tkgeorgesr
Community Member

ive tried going into the help center but still havent been able to find the verify profile button to get a video call verification...please and thank you...i need help

Dear Terance,

You can find the identity verification option at:

Go to "Settings->Identity Verification"

The option is on the bottom left corner of the settings page. 

If you are still not able to find it, please let me know!

All the Best!

HS

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Terance, Let us know if you will need further help as it looks like you have closed your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
sydneymckenney
Community Member

I created the wrong type of account and then i deleted that account and created an account as a freelancer but I cannot complete my profile because it says my phone number is still in use on another account even though the original account is cancelled.

That's because you are not allowed to create multiple accounts. You'll have to contact support to close the first one down.

Hi Sydney, 

I have shared your concern, and your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can look into your account, and to check if it's possible to release your mobile number from your old account. I'll let you know!

ETA: Hi Sydney! It looks like you have been assisted directly through a support ticket. Let us know if our team can assist you further with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
jbbulawan
Community Member

Hello, I'm also experiencing the same issue. The mobile number that I inputted for text verification is now terminated. How can I change the mobile number? Hope you can assist me. 

Hi Jacqueline,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
bobbittjeff
Community Member

I entered the wrong phone number during setup and cant change it to recieve the verification code.

Hi Jeff, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

How can I get a non bot person to help me with it not accepting my phone number

Hi Mike, 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I receiving " You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." but I cannot even put a different number... but I am still using that failed phone number...

Hi Serkan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
digitalandy23
Community Member

Hello, Im trying to complete my profile and when I click continue it comes up with a "please verify phone number" screen. When I enter my phone number it says that it failed to verify. This is my current phone number and it will not let me continue. Please help.

Hi Nick, 

I just wanted to check if you've already tried basic troubleshooting steps - clearing your cache, and cookies, and using a different browser? Could you please try verifying your phone number again? Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I tried that but it still refused to verify.Kindly assist

Hi Xavier,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further on how to verify your phone. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can't verify with my phone number, and after getting a burner number to try to fix this since I couldn't find any way to get help before this, it just reverts back to my old number telling me to use another number. Any help would be appreciated.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Torjus,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hello! I would like to setup my security phone number, but it stated that I exceeded the number of send attempts for that particular number. Would there be a way to reset this? Thank you very much!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pauline,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with verifying your phone. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have also ran into the same issue. I have deleted cookes and cache, and have tried using a different browser.

But every time I try to verify phone numer, I get the error

" You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

I have even tried using a friends phone number, but I still get the same issue.

Pleas help.

Adam

Hi Adam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist further in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey there, would you mind reaching out to me as well? No matter what phone number I use, what computer I'm on, I get the same "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Austin.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Could you reach out to me also? I'm having the same problem.

Hi MIchael, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I have the same problem as Austin. Can I please get some assitance?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kate and Ian,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi everyone, I also have the same problem. I empty cookies, cache, local storage, but nothing.

Hi Moussa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gabitag
Community Member

I see many people with the same problem.
I am clicking the “verify” button once I type in my phone number but nothing happens. No text and no taking me to another page. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting such as changing browsers and clearing cache.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabriella, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cthglobal
Community Member

i was trying to verify my cell number . but i am not reving any text message from upwork please slove the probelm 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths