🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Fake job proposal
Page options
el_ba
Community Member

Fake job proposal

Hello,
I'm new to Upwork and I've submitted a few proposals. One of them is giving me problems, since the job offer showed a certain pay and conditions, but then the client wrote me in private telling me very different (and ridiculous) conditions. 
Now I feel like I've lost my Connects for a fake job I would never sent the proposal if I knew the truth, what can I do?

Also, I'm noticing that clients don't know how to make contracts to pay freelancers, is there a way I can explain it to them? I mean like direct proposals for a sketch to be verified before the ultimate work or so on.

Thank you so much,

Elena

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Elena B wrote:

Hello,
I'm new to Upwork and I've submitted a few proposals. One of them is giving me problems, since the job offer showed a certain pay and conditions, but then the client wrote me in private telling me very different (and ridiculous) conditions. 
Now I feel like I've lost my Connects for a fake job I would never sent the proposal if I knew the truth, what can I do?

Also, I'm noticing that clients don't know how to make contracts to pay freelancers, is there a way I can explain it to them? I mean like direct proposals for a sketch to be verified before the ultimate work or so on.

Thank you so much,

Elena

You are going about this the wrong way.

1. You are not allowed to communicate outside of upwork with potential clients before hire. If you stick to that, you will not receive offensive offers. 

2. If the client is already on upwork, the possibility of direct contracts does not exist any more for him. 

Don't try to explain anything to a client. If he has at least 1 job on his historic data, he knows how things work. 

Keep to this and you will not keep wasting your time! 

I'm sure I haven't explained well.
I'm not comunicating outside of Upwork, this client wrote me through Upwork private message (still Upwork tho), telling me other conditions. I haven't contacted them, they contacted me writing completely different job conditions, after I've sent a proposal ON UPWORK for a job.
So, is there something I can do now?

And for the 2 I think it's pretty semplicistic telling this, because it means that no new client can enter Upwork this way. Just wanted to know something I could write to help them, just that. Upwork is not easy for beginners.

Hi Elena,

I am sorry for the late response. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths