🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Feature Request: block function in messages a...
Page options
yurii_cherkasov
Community Member

Feature Request: block function in messages and job search

Good day, Upwork team!
How can I opt out of a conversation with an annoying customer, who probably does not understand I don't want to work with them? I'd like to be polite and professional, even if they are not, but also I don't like wasting time on such people, and apparently never want to see them in a job search.

So please, consider that option to add.

This is a basic UX feature.

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Yurii,

There are multiple ways to block a user but the easiest way is to access a room with that user, choose their profile icon, then select Block. Please note that you cannot block a user with whom you have an active contract.

Regarding the option to also block them from appearing on your job feed, we'll be sure to pass your feedback along to the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
236a30ad
Community Member

I don't see the option to block user. It just shows view profile or go to 1:1 room. Did you remove this feature?

236a30ad
Community Member

I don't see the option to block user. It just shows view profile or go to 1:1 room. Did you remove this feature?

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for your message. As confirmed by Andrea, you will not see the option to block users with whom you have an active contract. Could you please confirm if you are trying to block a user without an active contract? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths