🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Fee charged on my Account
Page options
e421f59c
Community Member

Fee charged on my Account

I have no idea what I am being billed for on my account. The Invoice only says "Processing fee"... for processing WHAT? If I am supposed to pay 3% fee, then I would have made a payment to someone for $357.00, which I did not do. I need for UpWork to define what it is they are charging me for.  "Processing fee" is simply not sufficient.

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Member

LisaRenee H wrote:

I have no idea what I am being billed for on my account. The Invoice only says "Processing fee"... for processing WHAT? If I am supposed to pay 3% fee, then I would have made a payment to someone for $357.00, which I did not do. I need for UpWork to define what it is they are charging me for.  "Processing fee" is simply not sufficient.

It's the same processing fee pretty much every payment processor onthe planet charges. Upwork defines it quite clearly in the TOS that you agreed to but apparently did not bother to read. 

Why would you have changed the amount you paid your freelancer because you are charged a payment processing fee? Your freelancer is already paying a fee of 10-20% of what you pay them.

Well, Tiffany, if you would have read my title, I am NEW to Upwork. Your nastiness and rude comments in your reply were completey unneccessary. If you didn't like my question, you could have simply scrolled on and not trolled the message. 

AND, if you would have read my question, which you clearly did NOT, I was not talking about the fee for paying my freelancers. I have several, but none of them were paid in the last few days when the transaction took place, and ALL I was asking for was an explanation of the fee.

As for your question of "Why would you have changed the amount you paid your freelancer because you are charged a payment processing fee?" WHAT question were you replying to? My question never said anything whatsoever about changing the amount I pay my freelancer.

Not that it's any of your business, but I have never changed the terms of what I pay my freelancers, and I pay commissions and bonuses, to help offset the fees that they are charged.  Troll on.......

JoanneP

Hi LisaRenee,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths