🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Fee with a basic account
Page options
d9abd72a
Community Member

Fee with a basic account

Hello everybody,
I have created a basic account for the first time here on Upwork as I needed to hire a freelancer for a short job. Now I would like to cancel the account, but I get the following message when I try: "Thank you for using Upwork.

We are unable to close your account until the next Upwork payment cycle is over."

My free trial is valid until the beginning of November. Does this mean that am I going to be charged a fee at the beginning of November and only after that I will be able to cancel my account? How much is the amount of the fee? Is there anyway to avoid paying it? I only needed to hire one person.

Thank you in advance for help,

All the best.

M.

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Marco,

I checked your account and in this case, the payment cycle refers to the Weekly Billing Cycle. Since you worked on an Hourly Contract with your freelancer last week, you were invoiced for the hours they worked today. As part of Upwork's Payment Protections, you have a Review Period were you are able to review the freelancer's hours and dispute them if necessary.  When the Weekly Billing Cycle ends, you should be able to close your account.

About your Membership Fee, you are free to cancel your subscription at any time by going to Settings > MembershipThe cancellation will be effective at the end of the billing period and your account will automatically be changed to Upwork Basic when your billing period ends.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths