🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Feed back re review
Page options
mekailbd
Community Member

Feed back re review

Hello,
I'm new at Upwork. I just completed my 1st job but the client gave me 4.5 feedback!!!
Can I ask the client to review the feedback? Does the Upwork policy support this?

Thanks.
Mekail

Mekail R
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alexis-arinze
Community Member

Mekail R wrote:

Hello,
I'm new at Upwork. I just completed my 1st job but the client gave me 4.5 feedback!!!
Can I ask the client to review the feedback? Does the Upwork policy support this?

Thanks.
Mekail

If he gave you that rating, he/she likely felt that you were lacking in certain areas. I would take note of your feedback and focus on strengthening the areas in which he gave you a 4, like cooperation and quality. Just a suggestion.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Mekail,

We always encourage freelancers and clients to share their honest feedback about their experience working with each other.  If your client would like to update the feedback they left for you, you may enable the client to change their feedback. To enable changes, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to My Jobs  All Contracts
  2. Check the Include closed contracts box and
  3. Click the title of the contract to get to the details page
  4. Go to Terms & Settings and click the Enable client to change feedback link

Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Mekail R wrote:

Hello,

Thanks.
Mekail

You should not ask the client to change feedback, that would not be considered professional behaviour, plus the private feeback he left can't be changed anyway, and that is more important for your rating. 

I find it refreshing that your first job obviously was a genuine one, not one of those 5 $ jobs with glowing feedback from "clients" in the same city, etc., that are evidently just aimed at bolstering a profile. I understand you don't feel that way, but it should not sink your future upwork career. 

thanks a lot

Mekail R
alexis-arinze
Community Member

Mekail R wrote:

Hello,

Thanks.
Mekail

If he gave you that rating, he/she likely felt that you were lacking in certain areas. I would take note of your feedback and focus on strengthening the areas in which he gave you a 4, like cooperation and quality. Just a suggestion.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths