🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Feedback from Clients
Page options
bastian_hieungoc
Community Member

Feedback from Clients

I just paid attention to feedback recently as I just realized it is related to my Job Success Score. 

Becase some clients seem to forget to give me ratings and feedback, my JSS dropped down. I wonder after I rate my client and he rate me, if the rating will be up for both of us right after or if it will be available only after a time? 

He said my service was a 5-star. If he approved my submission and closed my contract without rating already, can he go back to do it? 

Thanks, 

2 REPLIES 2
jr-translation
Community Member

@Hieu L wrote:

I just paid attention to feedback recently as I just realized it is related to my Job Success Score. 

Becase some clients seem to forget to give me ratings and feedback, my JSS dropped down. I wonder after I rate my client and he rate me, if the rating will be up for both of us right after or if it will be available only after a time? 

The feedback is visible once both of you left a feedback OR after 14 days if only one of you leaves a feedback.

He said my service was a 5-star. If he approved my submission and closed my contract without rating already, can he go back to do it? 

You can go to the contract and select:

Enable client to change feedback

Thanks, 

I suggest you read a bit more about the JSS and public and private feedfack. There are many threads in this forum so you can really dig into it.  Your JSS indicated that even though you have 6 jobs with 5* rating and 3 with no feedback the private feedback (which you cannot see) has been less. Leave it to the client to close a contract so he is promted to leave a feedback.

bstojadinovic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hieu,

The party that ends the contract is required to leave their feedback, the other party has 14 days to leave their feedback. If both parties left the feedback it is immediately displayed and if just one party leave feedback it is displayed 14 days after the expiration of the contract. You can go to your closed contract and click on the green button "Enable your client to change feedback". Your client will receive a notification and will be able to edit the feedback section on the same contract.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths