🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Feedback on my Profile
Page options
caraimperato
Community Member

Feedback on my Profile

I would be greatly appreciative if successful Upwork members could provide feedback on my profile. I have submitted about 35 proposals over the last 5 days, but have only received one winning bid. I've tried to send very customized proposals and only select areas where I have experience. Perhaps now that I have one positive review, this will help. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Cara I wrote:

I would be greatly appreciative if successful Upwork members could provide feedback on my profile. I have submitted about 35 proposals over the last 5 days, but have only received one winning bid. I've tried to send very customized proposals and only select areas where I have experience. Perhaps now that I have one positive review, this will help. Thanks in advance!

Having that first job on your profile is certainly important to give you a good start. Otherwise, you might want to rethink your proposal strategy - using all your connects in 5 days makes not much sense. You could find yourself in two situations: either you get too many jobs to finish in too little time to provide excellent work, or you might be watching all these nice job offers for the rest of the billing cycle that you can't apply to any more. 

So, pace yourself, and apply only to jobs that are a perfect fit for you. 

Thank you Martina! I will definitely begin to pace myself. I am starting to discern the levels of "fit" between my skills and the clients as I read more job descriptions.

digiphics
Community Member

Hi Cara,

When a client looks for freelancers they use key words, with that said I would write this 

Website Content That Connects with Your Audience and Drives Sales

as HTML, WORDPRESS, JOOMLA, DRUPAL, WEB CONTENT, SEO, BLOG. That way you are found faster, but do use your opening line as the first line in your overview. List the platforms you use, WP, HTML5, Joomla, Drupal, etc so that clients know if your right for them. If I see Joomla and I need a joomla expert I'd be more apt to contact you.

If you're not getting feedback or hired, think about how your proposals are structured and if they're too conversational.

I sent one out (mind you I'm a Sr. Graphic Designer) that read

"I'm not here to tell you how awesome I am, I am here to tell you I am available to work on your illustration project NOW. I'm not going to bore you with a huge I'm Super Awesome, The Last Guy You Hire proposal. You need someone now and that can do your work in an hour, I'm right here."

Within 2 minutes the client reposnded: "Your proposal was spot on, can you start tonight?"

He is now a recurring client and I've completed 4 jobs for him.

So think about how the client might not have time to read a mini book, they need specifics as it pertains to their need.

I wish you all the luck.

BTW I've landed around 18 jobs with over 200 proposals sent, sometimes the client just forgets about the project and cancels, they got to Fiverr and never check back in on UpWork or they hie a frelancer for $8.00.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths