🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Finding Work
Page options
myishag
Community Member

Finding Work

Hello all! I'm new here and I am having a hard time finding clients. I've submitted a few proposal but I haven't heard anything. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I am a graphic design and I specialize in photomanipulation style pieces.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Myisha, 

Welcome to Upwork!

I would suggest that you read up on these freelancer resources we compiled to help you get started on Upwork. For more information about working safely through Upwork tips for avoiding questionable jobs

Additionally, you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
holymell
Community Member

Myisha, I've been here for a year now and I have trouble finding new clients. I'm very grateful that most of the clients I have worked for have come back.

A few proposals isn't many at all. It's not unusual to have to wait months to get a client when you're new on the platform.

Don't worry too much. Just submit proposals that address the client's needs. Don't talk too much about yourself unless it's related to how you can help solve their problem. Clients only initially see the first two lines of your proposal, so make good use of that space.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Myisha, 

Welcome to Upwork!

I would suggest that you read up on these freelancer resources we compiled to help you get started on Upwork. For more information about working safely through Upwork tips for avoiding questionable jobs

Additionally, you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

~ Avery
Upwork
jatinder1247
Community Member

Hello Myisha,

This thing happns with new freelancers, but dont worry keep trying and apply those jobs which you think that you are perfect fit for.  This message is just to encourage you to keep trying, by giving my example I also got my first job after a lot of struggle but now I am a successful freelancer and doing regular projects so keep going one day you will be “TOP RATED”.

Stay Positive

Thanks & Regards
JATINDER

please suggest me. How can I get regular work done?

Thanks for the advice friend..looking forward to get my first job.

Heey guys, I'm new to  upwork , l  have tried all the ways to get my first job as an editor and proofreader but it seems somehow challenging to me.Can someone please try to review my profile and tell me what the problem might be? You can also help  by  refering  me to potential clients in the market  on the job openings which are related to my skills.Thanks in advice friends and lam looking to hear from you soon.

Hi Jaspher,

Please read this Help Article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. You can check these great articles in our Hiring Headquarters which will help you to Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing to Big Clients on Upwork or Enhance Your Upwork Freelancer Profile for Greater Success. 

Also, make sure to learn How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs and How to Spot a Great Job Post on Upwork Before You Submit a Proposal.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
myishag
Community Member

Thanks everyone!!

I suggest hiding the test score that is below average.  Also, I would go with a more  adult-looking profile picture.

@Mary W wrote:

I suggest hiding the test score that is below average.  Also, I would go with a more  adult-looking profile picture.

KInda makes you wonder about the profile approval process, doesn't it?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Myisha, 

The team has reached out to you via this email ticket. Please respond to the ticket to lift the limitation to your Upwork account. If you have further questions, you may post it on the same ticket thread, and the team will get back to you with more information.  

~ Avery
Upwork
3c0ff13e
Community Member

hi,

what kind of work you have.

Hi Rocky,

We'd love to help. Can you please clarify your question please? We will be waiting for your response. 

~ Riri
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths