Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding new work

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
21 of 25

@Chad K wrote:

Is there something else I can put on there to prove its really me? I just upped my rate? My passion is marketing and I want to build out an agency but I need to get more clients and I heard upwork is a good platform to do so. 

Upwork may be a good platform to build out an agency, but even better is Sharktank.

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
22 of 25

Have you researched other freelancers in your industry who are successful on the Upwork platform?

Given your questions regarding whether or not a client will be prompted to invite you to their job posting based on "liking" their job (I'm sure you know this isn't FB or the other SM platforms?), there's a dearth of adequate market research on your end?

You're a marketing guy.

Do your marketing research.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
23 of 25

Chad,

ESP = extra sensory perception.  (It's a skill) . . . Smiley Wink

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
24 of 25

@Nichola L wrote:

Chad,

ESP = extra sensory perception.  (It's a skill) . . . Smiley Wink

I've been looking over Chad's profile, and it could benefit from another skill, proofreading. And he *might* consider omitting the "Social Media Marketing Test 3.25 Above Average 15 mins" result.

25 of 25

Hi Chad,

I can confirm that you'll need to bid on a job or get invited by the client/receive a direct offer in order to be hired for it. If by liking you're referring to the heart tag on job post tiles in your job feed, that tag is used to save jobs you're interested in.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS