🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Finish application through Google Docs?
Page options
8b104e32
Community Member

Finish application through Google Docs?

Hi, everyone, I'm a new user to Upwork. I just put in a proposal for a writing job. The poster emailed me back with the link to an application form in Google Docs. 

What I want to know is, is this allowed - filling in an application on Google Docs? Or does all of the communication and application work have to be done over Upwork's messaging system?

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erin,

Taking communications with a client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service. 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

If a client wants me to complete an application through Google Docs, the client can HIRE me using an hourly contract so that I can log time while I do so.

If a REAL client wants me to enter information using Google Docs, a REAL client will hire me with an hourly contract to do so.

Only a SCAMMER or schemer or rule-breaker will ask me to enter information using Google Docs prior to an official Upwork contract being in place.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths