🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Finished a project entering manual time.
Page options
effervescence50
Community Member

Finished a project entering manual time.

I recently finished a project from a client that I had worked only one other time for. This time I had to enter my time manually. Funds are posted before project begins. I finished project and entered manual time. Took screenshot of finished project and client acknowledged it. When will Upwork release funds? Is there any other step that I need to do? First project I had payment credited to my account the next day. I've been waiting this time for three days. 

10 REPLIES 10
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Gina T wrote:

I recently finished a project from a client that I had worked only one other time for. This time I had to enter my time manually. Funds are posted before project begins. I finished project and entered manual time. Took screenshot of finished project and client acknowledged it. When will Upwork release funds? Is there any other step that I need to do? First project I had payment credited to my account the next day. I've been waiting this time for three days. 

If funds were in the escrow account before the project began, then it's a fixed price project; if you were able to enter manual time on a timesheet, then it's an hourly project. It can't be both. Which is it? 

Thank you for replying. This was the second time I had worked for this
company, but first time entering my time manually. On the company's end it
was only showing that 75% of the work was completed on status bar. I sent
an image when asked showing completed work of 100%. A moderator replied to
my message and was able to explain what I needed. Thank you
mtngigi
Community Member

Gina T wrote:

What do you mean, "funds are posted"?. If this is a flat rate job and you're referring to a milestone being funded, then you submit the work through your contract page and press the "get paid" button.

The client then has 14 days to review. Once the client approves the work and releases the milestone, there is a 5-day hold period, and then you'll be able to withdraw the funds. Hopefully the client doesn't take long to approve, but if they do, funds are automatically released after 14 days.

All the info you need is under your "Reports" menu.

Thank you for your reply. This was the second time I had worked for this
company. On their end it was showing on the status bar that only 75% of the
work had been completed. I sent an image when asked showing 100%
completion. A moderator was able to look at the contract and manual hours
entered and explained what I needed. Thank you for your help.
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Took screenshot of finished project and client acknowledged it"

For the record, taking a screenshot of a finished project is not prohibited, but it is not actually part of submitting work to a client.

If you have an hourly contract, then you send the files to the client. All files generated while logging time belong to the client. You are paid AUTOMATICALLY, without the client doing anything.

If you have a fixed-price contract, then you send the actual final files to the client. You send whatever files you agreed to provide as part of the contract. If the client does nothing, then you will be paid AUTOMATICALLY.

Thank you for your reply. The first project I had with the client I was
paid automatically. This time I had to enter my hours manually. The
company's system that keeps track of status bar to complete project was
only showing 75% completion. I had to take a pic and send it to show that
project was completed at 100%. The moderator replied and was able to answer
my question. Thank you
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "This time I had to enter my time manually."

What exactly do you mean by that?

If I have an hourly contract, then I am always able to use the Upwork desktop-based time-tracker to log my time. The only situation in which I would need to enter my time manually would be when I do some kind of work that does NOT use the computer.

Were you baking a cake and then photographing it? Painting a book cover in oils? Or building a cuckoo clock? Why did you need to enter time manually?

Thank you for your reply. The contract I had was the second time I had
worked for the company. It was computer work with a status bar to show
when I completed it. On the company's end it only showed 75%. I took a
picture and sent it showing that 100% had been completed. A moderator
responded and was able to explain what I needed.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gina, 

I checked your account and if I'm not mistaken, you are referring to the hourly contract you have with the client. Since the contract started this week, your client will be automatically billed on Monday next week for the hours you logged this week. Your client will have Monday up to Friday next week to review, and/or, dispute these hours. If there are no issues, the payment for this contract will go through 5-day security period (Friday, 28-Jun to Wednesday, 2-Jul). This will then be available to be withdrawn on 2-Jul, Wednesday. You may read more about the Weekly Billing Cycle to understand how your earnings are processed in your account. 

As a gentle reminder, please know that manually logged hours are not protected under Hourly Protection for freelancers.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for clearing up the confusion. This was the second project and I
was paid automatically last time. **Edited for Community Guidelines** had me enter my time
manually. I had to take a picture of the finished percentage because on
their end it was only showing 75%. I do understand about the hourly
protection. If I don't get paid for this then I've learned a lesson and
will not work under manual time. Have a good day and thank you, Gina

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths