🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Finished first fixed-price project successful...
Page options
d78de05e
Community Member

Finished first fixed-price project successfully - and now?

Hello everybody, I have a general question about the process after completing a fixed-price project. 

I completed the project, the client is happy and approved the milestone, the fund are being released to me. The contract is still open. Will this project now show up as completed on my profile, or does it show as not-completed? Do I need to manually end the contract? Should I wait until I have actually received the payment? 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Taya, 

When you end fixed-price contracts, funds in escrow will be automatically released back to the client. Make sure that you have received the payment in your account before ending the contract. You may read more about it here. 

As for closing the contract, the party that closes the contract is automatically asked to leave feedback for the other party. The other party will be notified to leave feedback within 14-days. Here's more information about leaving feedback on an ended contract.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Taya, 

When you end fixed-price contracts, funds in escrow will be automatically released back to the client. Make sure that you have received the payment in your account before ending the contract. You may read more about it here. 

As for closing the contract, the party that closes the contract is automatically asked to leave feedback for the other party. The other party will be notified to leave feedback within 14-days. Here's more information about leaving feedback on an ended contract.

~ Avery
Upwork
d78de05e
Community Member

Thank you very much!

christopherbudde
Community Member

Congratulations on your first contract but don't be so quick to close it. I have dozens of open jobs. It's easier for my clients to return. Hourly is best for this but fixed price jobs just need a new benchmark. JMHO.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths