🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: First Assignment Confusion
Page options
union2016
Community Member

First Assignment Confusion

Hello! The guy who hired me told me I had 24 hours to complete it after I said I couldn't start on it until this weekend. I have about 15 minutes right now that I could try to cram it to get it done before I have to get back to work, but I'm not sure if I need to start or is he going to send something to me this weekend? There is a PDF attached to the assignment.  I'm not even sure if I've been hired.  How do I know if I got the job?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi K'Leigh,

You are not hired for this job and shouldn’t provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab.

Once the client sends you an offer, you should review it and accept it. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You will be able to see your contracts under the ’My jobs’. You can check this help article for more information about the interviewing and negotiating process.

Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi K'Leigh,

You are not hired for this job and shouldn’t provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab.

Once the client sends you an offer, you should review it and accept it. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You will be able to see your contracts under the ’My jobs’. You can check this help article for more information about the interviewing and negotiating process.

Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
union2016
Community Member

Okay, thank you! Have a nice day. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths