Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Interview Request

Highlighted
Kimberly B Member Since: Dec 20, 2016
1 of 11

Hello,

I'm new to Upwork, and have received my first invitation to interview for a position in which I recently submitted a proposal. However, I don't see this pending interview noted on my profile. The client and I messaged each other from my "messages" inbox on Upwork. 

Can someone please tell me how interviews are tracked, so that I get proper credit for this on my profile? I am unable to figure how to add this pending interview to my profile. 

Thank you,

Kimberly Brown

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 11

You don't get any kind of "credit" for interviews.

Highlighted
3 of 11

Preston,

Thanks for your prompt reply. On my profile it shows "0" interviews. However, it should show "1". Just wondering how to update my profile to reflect accurate information? Is this something I can update, or does someone else update this info?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 11

Hi Kimberly,

You should be able to see it under Find Work> Proposals> Active Candidacies. Once you accept an interview invite, it becomes an active candidacy.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 11

Thanks, Valeria. Is it true that when you're invited for an interview it affects the number of connects you're aloted? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
6 of 11

No, you're given 60 connects each month and an invitation to an interview costs you no connects. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
BEST ANSWER
7 of 11

Great, thanks for the clarification!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 11

Kimberly,

I don't think you have completely grasped the ins and outs of Upwork and I worry a bit about this invitation. It might well be OK, but for your own peace of mind, read this post by Lena, one of our moderators.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/td-p/240833

And also all the links given in this post (including Lena's) compiled by Vladimir, another of our moderators:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

Highlighted
9 of 11

Hi Nichola,

Thanks for forwarding the links. It's great information to be aware of and to reference. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.  I was simply asking if the pending interview with the client is supposed to show up in my profile? I just wanted to be sure it's reflecting accurately, after accepting his invitation. Nothing more, nothing less. I also thought I read that when you're invited for an interview it doesn't subtract from your connects. 

If there's anything else I've missed, please advise.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
10 of 11

I hope the interview goes well Kimberly - sorry I went too far with the advice. I'm sure you know best.