🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: First JSS score. Appeal to the help of e...
Page options
odessid
Community Member

First JSS score. Appeal to the help of experienced freelancers.

I started to work on upwork in October 2018,

9 Jobs -   5 clients 

I was hoping that I will get good JSS score because-  

5 clients:

1- Contract finished- Good Feedback 

2- On contract (no activity)

3-  4 contracts finished with no feedback-  one more contract is  open(active)

4-  On contract (low activity)

5 - On contract (High Activity)

And finally, I get my JSS score and it is 60 %.

I am shocked a little bit.

I  tried once again to learn how to calculate the score and still can not understand why I got only 60%.

If it is because I have contracts with no or low activity , but what should I do then?   Just close ?  It will be negatively perceived by clients.

My profile.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01634ee89e40c9b7af/

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Alexander S wrote:

9 Jobs -   5 clients 

5 clients:

I  tried once again to learn how to calculate the score and still can not understand why I got only 60%.

If it is because I have contracts with no or low activity , but what should I do then?   Just close ?  It will be negatively perceived by clients.

My profile.

You only have one feedback, all the other contracts closed without feedback.

The one contract that had feedback doesn't have quite perfect feedback, and probably had not so great private feedback, so that's what messed up your JSS.

In future, do NOT end contracts, encourage the clients to do the ending of the contracts, so you get feedback.

odessid
Community Member

"In future, do NOT end contracts, encourage the clients to do the ending of the contracts, so you get feedback."

This involves asking the client to close the contract.

Otherwise, the client will not close the contract and the contractor will be spoiled by the rating due to inactive contracts.

Some clients in my niche need just support. This may be 5-10 hours per month, and sometimes it can be no hours in month.
It is very convenient for the client to receive such a service.. I know the nuances in his business, I have all access to his systems and I can help him at any time. All transactions are determined, payment is hourly, and upwork is the guarantee of transactions. Everything is perfect for the client. But for the executive, such work is not profitable because such contracts will kill JSS . By this the upwork prevents from rendering such kind of services.
Sadly.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Alexander S wrote:

9 Jobs -   5 clients 

5 clients:

My profile.

Many clients end contracts without prompting when the work is delivered, but not all of them do. After delivery, when your client expresses his opinion (or thanks you, or whatever) ask him to kindly end the contract. If you fail to do that, you are very likely to end up with a client that does not respond any longer. So don't let that happen in the future. Your JSS is bad, but nothing you can't recover from, especially if this happened due to your inexperience on how to handle clients properly or did not understand how the system is supposed to work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths