🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » First Job Done - What next?
Page options
cutshaw-debbie
Community Member

First Job Done - What next?

I completed my first job.  It was flat fee for job, not hourly.  I sent work to customer, they approved it.  Is there some switch I need to flip or status to update on my end?  Or just wait?  Sorry for the newbie question...  I just don't want to miss a step.  Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Debbie C wrote:

I completed my first job.  It was flat fee for job, not hourly.  I sent work to customer, they approved it.  Is there some switch I need to flip or status to update on my end?  Or just wait?  Sorry for the newbie question...  I just don't want to miss a step.  Thank you!

Go to your Reports Overview page and check where it is (it will be in Pending) and familiarise yourself with what the different tabs / stages mean by looking at the question marks.

Don't close the contract yourself, encourage the client to do so if they have nothing else for you at the moment. (So you are guaranteed feedback.)

Where-Is-My-Money.jpg"Where is my money?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Debbie C wrote:

Go to your Reports Overview page and check where it is (it will be in Pending) and familiarise yourself with what the different tabs / stages mean by looking at the question marks.

Don't close the contract yourself, encourage the client to do so if they have nothing else for you at the moment. (So you are guaranteed feedback.)

Where-Is-My-Money.jpg"Where is my money?"

THANK YOU!!!  🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths