cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Job

Bob k Member Since: Jan 3, 2017
1 of 7

How do you get a First job? Iv'e been freelancing on line for 10 years started with UpWork due to Elance move etc anyway every job says don't meet requirements 

job success score and up and coming etc any ideas would be helpful I have had some employers not pay attention and contact / ask questions but I don't think all look at "new people" because of this requirement 

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
2 of 7

Bob K. stated:

How do you get a First job? Iv'e been freelancing on line for 10 years started with UpWork due to Elance move etc anyway every job says don't meet requirements 

job success score and up and coming etc any ideas would be helpful I have had some employers not pay attention and contact / ask questions but I don't think all look at "new people" because of this requirement 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Bob, since your Profile is not public, it's difficult to offer many suggestions which may be of assistance to you. Hopefully your grammar, punctuation... within your Profile, Proposals... is better than within this post.

You can apply for any project you sincerely believe you qualify for and can successfully complete.  The requirements are not "cast in stone."  Oftentimes Clients aren't even aware that criterion regarding requirements is stated.

We were all new once.  However, many of us have become successful on Upwork so I can assure you that "new people" are viewed.  Best of luck to you, Bob. 

3 of 7

What not public ok how do I change that that stinks my bad I'm sure 

4 of 7

thank you think I just fixed that public problem 

5 of 7

Ha BTW I hope my grammar and punctuation is better too. Actually working on new one. i don't pay alot of attention to that when asking questions Ha thanks again

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
6 of 7

@ Bob:

Your Profile is still not Public.  Here's a link from "Help and Support" to assist you with this:  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060298-Set-Your-Profile-Visibility.  There really is a wealth of information within this Community and within Help and Support if one takes some time to search for it.

Grammar, punctuation...still needs work, Bob.  Best of luck to you.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 7

re: "I hope my grammar and punctuation is better too. Actually working on new one. i don't pay alot of attention to that when asking questions"

These aren't tips for the the original poster only, but for everybody:

If you are coming to the Forum asking for help to get your first job, or to get more work, then you should pay attention to grammar and punctuation in your posts.

You need to put your best foot forward and demonstrate that you are a professional. Using proper grammar, punctuation, etc., also helps demonstrate your command of the English language. So that we don't think you are one of those profile fakers who download photos of other people, set up profiles with fake names, and pretend to be somebody they're not.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS