🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » First contract
Page options
xeeshan2
Community Member

First contract

Hi freelancers, I just completed my 15 hours contract work. What should i do know?

Should i wait for the client response? I'm confused please give me some suggestions.

Thank You!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank You ma'am quite informative . 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need to do anything now.

The client does not need to do anything.

You logged your time using the Upwork desktop time-tracker application. This means you will be paid automatically.

Sir manual time was also allowed to me.

I almost put 4 to 5 hours manually to my work dairy.

Is there is any problem for me?

And one more question sir, my week is end today when i get my payment?

Zeeshan K wrote:

Zeeshan,

I strongly suggest you read Upwork's resources for new freelancers.  Here is an article outlining payment for hourly projects. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063668-Get-Paid-for-Hourly-Contracts?flash_digest=3d...

Manually time pay be allowed but it is not recommended as the client can refuse to pay you for your allocated hours.  Not saying it will be a problem but you are better off with the time tracker app.  Choose wisely in the future.  

Good luck!

Thank You ma'am quite informative . 🙂

Zeeshan K wrote:

If those are hours you worked on the project, then yes it's reasonable to put them on the diary. Just be aware that if for whatever reason the client disputes that time, it is not covered by Upwork's payment protection. It's always best to explicitly clarify with the client whether or not they're ok with manual time.

For hourly contracts, the money becomes available two Wednesday's after the week ends.  So, for the week that ends today, the money becomes available to you on the 12th.

The other thing that you should do is to ask your client if what you did met their needs and if they need anything else. If they don't need anything else, ask them to close out the contract. Whether or not they close out the contract won't affect you getting paid, but it will affect whether or not a review appears on your profile.

Sir Thank You so much.
You explained me in details .
I love the way you gives me these suggestions, Thank You once again
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths