🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » First experience in upwork(nagative*)
Page options
keshuodedra
Community Member

First experience in upwork(nagative*)

hello everyone,

so I am a newbie on this platform but not in the industry.

I am a graphic designer specializing in logo design.

and I am really disappointed. I was just checking random designer's profiles.

and I saw tons of designers just copied the exact same logos from Fiverr portfolios, 

and the irony is they have lots of work and reviews.

and some talented people are struggling for work.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Keshu:
You are disappointed because you learned that there are dregs?

Sorry that you are disappointed.

Maybe there are dregs in the niche I work in as well. I don't know. I have never tried to look. If there are, I wouldn't find it surprising or interesting. There are probably dregs everywhere.

As a freelancer on Upwork, you are welcome to do something about these freelancers. Or you could focus on getting hired by serious clients looking for serious freelancers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Keshu:
You are disappointed because you learned that there are dregs?

Sorry that you are disappointed.

Maybe there are dregs in the niche I work in as well. I don't know. I have never tried to look. If there are, I wouldn't find it surprising or interesting. There are probably dregs everywhere.

As a freelancer on Upwork, you are welcome to do something about these freelancers. Or you could focus on getting hired by serious clients looking for serious freelancers.

yes, you are absolutely right.

I would rather focus on clients.

yitwail
Community Member

Keshu D wrote:

I was just checking random designer's profiles.

and I saw tons of designers just copied the exact same logos from Fiverr portfolios, 

Then you can flag those profiles as inappropriate, and for a reason, mention the Fiverr portfolios, and even include FIverr links, but just keep in mind a freelancer can have both Upwork and Fiverr accounts, and use the same portfolios for each, as long as they're original designs.

yes, you are right.

some freelancers use the same portfolio for many freelancing sites.

but many close friends of mine are top sellers on Fiverr.

I have seen their work. some random person just blatantly lifted the whole logo or sometimes a whole portfolio of 4-5 pages.

I know we can flag those profiles as inappropriate then a thought comes to mind that maybe 

ruining their Upwork account is morally not good.

Absolutely possible to report these, as John points out.

The problem is that if you decide to look into this, it could be a full-time job, for which you won't get paid. There will never be a time when you can't find problematic freelancer accounts, no matter how many you report.

lucioric
Community Member

Find your special value and offer it in your profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths