🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » First hourly offer - double checking that I'm...
Page options
maceve
Community Member

First hourly offer - double checking that I'm on target with time to accept and sharing contact info

I received my first hourly offer ~11 hours ago. This is my second potential Upwork contract. I replied to the client right away with a couple of clarifying questions. In the first message to me, the client asked for contact info.  My first response was that I preferred to follow Upwork's guidelines to use their interface. After I sent my reply, I popped over here and searched through some posts. So I'm just checking to see that I'm thinking about this right.

It's ok to delay an offer acceptance while you get things sorted with the client. It doesn't affect 'response time' scoring. At this point, if either the client or myself decide not to proceed, there's no impact on my future rating.

It looked like most veterans are okay sharing their email/chat IDs with clients after they've accepted an offer. This is not against the ToS.

Just checking. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "It doesn't affect 'response time' scoring."

No, It doe not have any effect.

Response time scoring is based only on when you reply to an invitation. You have already replied.

It has nothing to do when how you decide to go forward, and it has nothing to do with how long it takes you to decide whether to accept or decline a formal offer to be hired.

re: "At this point, if either the client or myself decide not to proceed, there's no impact on my future rating."

No impact at all.

Thanks. I appreciate the confirmation.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths