🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » First job was ended after rate was increased ...
Page options
calaunanmariel
Community Member

First job was ended after rate was increased by client

Hi its my first job here in upwork . The client increased my rate after finishing a job and ended the contract what does that mean? and what do i expect after?do i get paid when? should I give a feedback already ?
6 REPLIES 6
robin_hyman
Community Member

Increased your rate or gave you a bonus?  Either way, if a client gives you more money than initialliy agreed to, graciously accept. It is a good thing. 

andreag22
Community Member

Hi Mariel, I don't see any jobs in progress on your profile, are you sure you had a contract?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mariel, 

It looks like your contract was started and ended on the same day. You may want to check with the client if they meant to pay you with the new rate for the hours you have already logged. The new rate was applied after you logged hours on the contract, and the contract was closed after that. Your client may have intended to pay you with the new rate, but they were probably confused with how the system works since it appears that they are new too. You can see on this page that the hours you logged were charged the old rate.

It would be best to discuss this further with the client. If your client needs help, you can let us know by updating this thread and I'll forward them to the appropriate team. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Oh ok, I did message my client and asked him as per your advise I hope dont
get in trouble or encounter problems with this. Thank you

lysis10
Community Member

Sounds like you did the ol' bait and switcharoo and the client was all like "meh, next." Nice.

Oh! okay thank you for this

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths