🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » First job!
Page options
jacqueline_payne
Community Member

First job!

Hello!

I am pretty new on UpWork. I have applied for a few jobs although I am a bi concerned and want to know how soon will I bag my first job?

I have been waiting patiently..

Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jaybopp82
Community Member

It usually takes 1-2 weeks, sometimes longer.  Make sure your profile, portfolio and cover letters are top notch and you'll increase your changes.  Don't give up - it'll happen!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jaybopp82
Community Member

It usually takes 1-2 weeks, sometimes longer.  Make sure your profile, portfolio and cover letters are top notch and you'll increase your changes.  Don't give up - it'll happen!

Hello!
I appreciate your candid response.
Thank you!
Jacqueline Payne
#- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hi Jason,

Hope you are doing well.

Does it take 1-2 weeks to get the first job?

I think it is little long.

Could you please explain more about how to get the first job sooner?

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron,

You may check this great topic in our Resource Center to help you enhance your success: 

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacqueline,

You may also make sure your profile title and the first couple of lines of your profile overview clearly describe what services you offer and make you stand out among other freelancers.

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

You may check these great articles in our Hiring Headquarters to help you Enhance your Profile: 

Also, I would recommend that you check out these articles to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths