🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: First jobs with same client--end contract...
Page options
gpeterson195
Community Member

First jobs with same client--end contracts to get feedback, move toward JSS?

One of my first jobs is with someone who is continuing to give me work writing individual blog posts. In order to get closer to the 5-6 jobs needed to get a JSS, should I end each contract individually, get feedback, and then start a new contract with the client? I have only had one other job and other jobs are not happening yet.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
katrinabeaver
Community Member

To get JSS it has to be with 3 to 5 different clients. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
katrinabeaver
Community Member

To get JSS it has to be with 3 to 5 different clients. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Ah! Right! I'm sure it said that in the material I read, but forgot. Thank you for the reminder, Katrina.

petra_r
Community Member

@Genevieve P wrote:

One of my first jobs is with someone who is continuing to give me work writing individual blog posts. In order to get closer to the 5-6 jobs needed to get a JSS, should I end each contract individually, get feedback, and then start a new contract with the client? I have only had one other job and other jobs are not happening yet.  

If you can get the client to end the contract after every few blog posts (don't ask them to end it after every one, as you don't want to irritate the client or end up with lots of itsy-bitsy jobs) that won't hurt, but you need 4-6 jobs from at least 3 different clients anyway.

Edited to add: Katrina beat me to it 😄

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths