🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: First time on upwork, used all connects.
Page options
a4ad7cd6
Community Member

First time on upwork, used all connects.

This is my first time on Upwork and I have used all my conncets, Nobody responed and or its taking days for them to. Is this normal? I probably filled out 12 proposals by now and nothing. Im just wasting money atm.

7 REPLIES 7
42989a27
Community Member

I am also totally newbie to UpWork but I think one needs a strong and reliable profile to get jobs. Just saying, I made 2 proposals without any response. I guess the beginning has to be difficult. Let's keep trying.

You need to any help for you

Yha, im working on that I just recently opened an account and I temporaly put something up. I expect my profile to be better by next week.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samuel,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may check our Hiring Headquarters and find some excellent articles there:

When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Samuel J wrote:

This is my first time on Upwork and I have used all my conncets, Nobody responed and or its taking days for them to. Is this normal? I probably filled out 12 proposals by now and nothing. Im just wasting money atm.

You have way to many typos and errors in your profile to offer writing in English. Do you possess other online marketable skills?

I don't see any typo's nor do I offer any english or writing related work.

Samuel J wrote:

I don't see any typo's nor do I offer any english or wirting related work.

*writing

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths