🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Fix Price project
Page options
desaipratik
Community Member

Fix Price project

I have completed fixed price project for a client, when time for payment he asking me for correction, I am waiting for since 12 days for correction report, but he isn't providing me any correction report, in this case May I end project from my side? If I will end the project, could I get payment?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
40fac38e
Community Member

Pratik D wrote:

I have completed fixed price project for a client, when time for payment he asking me for correction, I am waiting for since 12 days for correction report, but he isn't providing me any correction report, in this case May I end project from my side? If I will end the project, could I get payment?

Correct your work and Submit. If the client will not have paid you within 14 days, you will automatically receive the payment from Upwork escrow. Don't close your contract before payment is made.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aditipie
Community Member

Hi Pratik, I'd not recommend closing the project. But keep checking in with the client periodically ie. every 2-3 days requesting for the correction report. Make it clear to them that you are willing to work more but without a correction report, you cannot help them further. If you do not receive a response after 15 more days then, let them know that you will close the contract. If they are still unresponsive then go ahead and close the contract. But I hope they respond sooner and project goes well.

Good luck. It will be okay.   

if I will end project from my end then what about payment? will I get payment?

40fac38e
Community Member

Pratik D wrote:

Correct your work and Submit. If the client will not have paid you within 14 days, you will automatically receive the payment from Upwork escrow. Don't close your contract before payment is made.

re: "But keep checking in with the client periodically ie. every 2-3 days requesting for the correction report"

Ugh, no. I never check with the client.

I submit and the wait.

If the client does nothing then I get paid automatically and I don't need to do any more work.

The Submit button already notifies the client that the work has been done and that button already provides an opportunity to request changes. I don't send messages, as they would be redundant.

Preston, I interpreted that Pratik cannot do the corrections without a corrections report i.e., the client has requested the changes but Pratik does not have further information about the changes. Ultimately, the contract is in a limbo. He is just waiting for 12 days. Hence my suggestion. But if freelancers have all the information they need then I agree 100% with you.  

Aditi:
That makes sense.

When I finish a milestone task, I use the Submit button.
If a client requests corrections that are within the scope of the task, then I will quickly do those.

If a client clicks the button for requesting corrections, but does not send me any other information, then I will click the Submit button again.

Because I did all of the corrections the client sent me.
The client sent me no corrections. I did them all.

I don't send messages to the client asking him to send me more corrections.

If 14 days go by and the client never sends any information about what to change, and the client never clicks the "Request Changes" button, then I will get paid automatically. After that, I will close the contract myself.

I understand that clients are busy. I don't believe that a client is obligated to pay close attention to my work if she doesn't want to. She funded the milestone in escrow before I ever started the work. She used Upwork in a way that lets me get paid automatically. So if the client wants to take a cruise or spend some time in her cabin for a month, and then check out the work when she gets back... that is fine.

If that is what happens, then by the time she gets back, I have already been paid and the contract has already been closed and I have moved on to other things. Maybe when she returns from her vacation she contacts me, thanks me for my work, and hires me to do another task.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths