🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Fix price payment
Page options
eileen_feliz
Community Member

Fix price payment

Hi, 

This is my first job on Upwork and its a fixed price.

I sent an article to a client on June 19th. On June 24th I requested the payment but I haven't received it yet. what should I do?

I already text the client asking what's happening just now.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eileen F wrote:

Was the amount in escrow? = NO

I sett it to get pay at the end. 

Client hasn't funded that project. Ask client to release payment  as its not escrow. Any work that you have submitted for  payment will get the money released to you only  that is in Escrow after 14 days. So you need to  ask the client to fund the project.  If client doesn't agree to pay you then you have done this project for free.   

So thing to do now is to ask client to pay for the work that you have done.  If contract is already closed then client can pay you by giving agreed amount as bonus. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
timefighter11
Community Member

Was the amount in escrow?
Have the milestone approved by client?

If yes, your payment will be avaialbe after 5 days to you.

If yes, your payment will be available after 5 days to you. = SHOULD BE RIGHT!!? what should I do next?

Thanks for your time Muhammad.

Eileen F wrote:

Client hasn't funded that project. Ask client to release payment  as its not escrow. Any work that you have submitted for  payment will get the money released to you only  that is in Escrow after 14 days. So you need to  ask the client to fund the project.  If client doesn't agree to pay you then you have done this project for free.   

So thing to do now is to ask client to pay for the work that you have done.  If contract is already closed then client can pay you by giving agreed amount as bonus. 

Thanks.

So that means that if the client does not respond at all, I lost everything? (omg I don't want to believe it)

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Eileen F wrote:

Hi, 

This is my first job on Upwork and its a fixed price.

I sent an article to a client on June 19th. On June 24th I requested the payment but I haven't received it yet. what should I do?

I already text the client asking what's happening just now.

Thanks in advance.

You send the article at the same time as you click submit for payment. Then you do nothing and get paid in 14 days. Or the client approves the milestone before that. No need to text the client.

Thanks, Martina!

It was my mistake to sent the article on the 19th only. on the 24th I sent it again requesting the payment. From the 24th it's going to be 14 days tomorrow. should I start a dispute? (end the contract).

Hi Eileen,

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days (less than a day in this case) from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you.

You don't want to submit the work more than once, since this resets the clock back to the beginning and you will have to wait 14 days from your most recent submission for the funds to be released if the client does not take action on their end. You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks...I'm reading it.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths