🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Fixed-Price contract, Didn't receive rema...
Page options
zooye_glass
Community Member

Fixed-Price contract, Didn't receive remaining payment.

Hello! 
I don't understand why I didn't got remaimimg payment for fixed-price contract. 
I got payment only for one milestone(And There was only one milestone. And I thought that when contract will be closed, I'll receive last payment) . I finished work and send it to client. Client closed the contract but I didn't got last money. Can this contract be reopen, or can I get last payment in another way.  

I add a screenshot of this contract. 

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "There was only one milestone. And I thought that when contract will be closed, I'll receive last payment."

No.

That is not how it works.

There was one milestone.

One milestone was funded with an escrow payment. You received that payment.

This is now over.

The "budget" does not matter.

The "full amount" does not matter.

The "remaining" dollar amount does not matter.

"Promises" do not matter.

What matters is funded escrow payments.

re: " I finished work and send it to client."

That was nice of you.

Next time, don't do that.

re: "Client closed the contract but I didn't got last money."

You used the Upwork tool incorrectly.

re: "Can this contract be reopen?"

No.

re: "Can I get last payment in another way?"

You are allowed to send the client a message asking for additional payment.

But that is between you and the client. That is not something Upwork will get involved with.

The freelancer made a mistake here.

In the future:

Only work on funded milestones.

Thank you for your detailed answer.  
I just start to work on Upwork. And it was my first job here. And client said that he is too start working on Upwork.  
I don't understand why it is only my mistake. Client ended contract. We both thought that ending the contract will work. 
I did all job correctly and even earlier then was set on contract. And client said that he satisfied by the result. I didn't have the goal to accuse someone. I just wanted to know the answer on my question. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Rimma D wrote:

Hello! 
I don't understand why I didn't got remaimimg payment for fixed-price contract. 
I got payment only for one milestone(And There was only one milestone. And I thought that when contract will be closed, I'll receive last payment) . I finished work and send it to client. Client closed the contract but I didn't got last money. Can this contract be reopen, or can I get last payment in another way.  

I add a screenshot of this contract. 

You made 2 mistakes:

1. You assumed something to be true that isn't. (Read the terms of service before you do anything else.)

2. You ended the contract yourself. Always let the client do that, because this guarantees you feedback, which is important in growing your profile. 

Your client could send you any amount you feel entitled to as a bonus payment, even if the contract is already closed. They might do that, or not. You made it too easy for them to not. 

I don't understand why you're saying I'm not true. The client and I just began to work on upwork and he said that he don't know well how this system works. 
I sent him finished art in dialogue and he was satisfied by the result. 
Yes I understand that I can understand Terms of Service in wrong way.  And I'll reread them. 

I didn't end contract by myself. Client did it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths