🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Fixed Price
Page options
c0b31026
Community Member

Fixed Price

I am new to Upwork. I agreed with my contractor at a fixed price for $125 for the job. When I started the job however it was accidentally done at an hourly rate so I terminated the contract after an hour and 50 min. Its showing I owe $110 so I assume that's how much it will charge my card even though the contract was terminated? I want to pay him $125 so I guess I will have to agree to another fixed contract of $15 or can you guys void the first contract and we do another contract at fixed price of $125?

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Dan,

You can request the freelancer to refund you the payment for the hourly contract that has been ended since you both have agreed to do a fixed-price contract. You can also choose to just pay the freelancer for the initially created hourly contract ($110), and released a partial payment of the remaining amount you have agreed to pay the freelancer on the current fixed-price contract ($15). There is an option to pay a partial amount on fixed-price contracts instead of releasing the entire amount. Here's how:

1. Go to JOBS tab > My Jobs.
2. Under 'My Contracts' section, find the correct contract and click the Pay Now button.
3. Click Pay. [[ Note: Clicking the 'Pay' button will not release the funds immediately. ]]

4. A pop-up up window will appear. Click Edit (pencil) icon. 

5. Edit the amount and select an underpayment reason.
6. Click Send Payment.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths