cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fixed Priced Payment( Milestone Contract)

nmc32
Nino Manuel A Member Since: May 17, 2017
1 of 3

Hi,

I got a job offer and it is under fixed priced. 

In working under fixed priced, How to know how many works to work?do i need to discuss this with my client?

I read the terms and policies under fixed priced. I will receive the payemnt full or maybe less it depends on the client

if she is satisfied with my work that i submitted.

Lastly, today is friday. In fixed priced, when to start the work?Can i start working on the same day?

writestonsultana
Najnin S Member Since: Apr 22, 2017
2 of 3

Hi,

To day I am work in a fixed price job & she is satisfied with my work that I submited. Todat is friday .Thats why am I get any problem.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 3

Nino, it is great that you are here asking this question. New Upworkers often get into trouble with fixed price contracts because they haven't considered and nailed down the parameters of the job. It is very important that you clearly state in your proposal or clearly spell out with the client in your contract exactly what work is included. I don't know what type of work you do, but in my field this looks something like this "bid price includes 4 posts of 600-800 words with one round of revisions."

If you don't make things like number of revisions or number of items clear, many clients will just keep expecting more without wanting to pay more.

You can start work as soon as the contract is started and the client has funded escrow, but you will also want to be careful about how the project is set up.  For instance, if it is a lot of work, you don't want to wait until the end to get paid. You should ask the client to set up and fund a milestone for the first piece of the work, submit that, get paid and make sure there is another  funded milestone before moving on to the next. 

You also have to be careful about how clients break up milestones. Some clients, for example, will want to set up a $100 job as $10 for the first draft and the remainder after revisions. But, if the funded milestone is only $10, you may never get paid more than that, so you don't want to do the bulk of the work for a tiny milestone and expect full payment later. Each milestone should be proportional to the work you're going to do at that stage.