🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Fixed contract - Getting paid
Page options
felipecaballero
Community Member

Fixed contract - Getting paid

We agreed for a fixed contract amount. Client has being very silent though he accepted the contract. Work was completed and of high quality. The contract is active but no time logged yet. What should I do now? Sorry first time on Upwork. Appreciate any response !

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Felipe: you need to study more and learn about how fixed-price contacts work.

To address two of your points/questions:

It does not matter if the client is silent.

When you use a fixed-price contract properly, you submit your work using the Submit Work/Request Payment button.

If the client remains "silent," you get paid AUTOMATICALLY.

Second: You asked about "no time logged."

Logging time is not part of fixed-price contracts. You are paid for a deliverable. Not for logging time.

petra_r
Community Member

@Felipe C wrote:

We agreed for a fixed contract amount. Client has being very silent though he accepted the contract. Work was completed and of high quality. The contract is active but no time logged yet. What should I do now? Sorry first time on Upwork. Appreciate any response !

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

JoanneP

Hi Felipe,

I checked your account and I was not able to find a fixed price contract. You have an hourly contract with your client. For hourly contracts, you will need to have the Upwork Desktop App installed and running to automatically log your hours. Clients decide whether manual time adjustments will be allowed and can set a weekly limit on billable hours. Please refer to this help article for more information.  Let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths