🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Fixed price doubt
Page options
maximianoleonr
Community Member

Fixed price doubt

Hi,

I have a question about fixed price jobs, not how the fixed price payment works, but the jobs themselves and how to deal with them. Since I'm new to Upwork I tried to find a similar question to mine, but did not find it, so please forgive me if there is another thread alike.

Okay, let's say some job is offering a fixed price of $20 USD, this means the client would pay those entire $20 USD to the freelancer (not more not less), or the freelancer can offer a lower/higher bid? Is it bad to bid lower or higher than the fixed price budget?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
reinierb
Community Member

You can bid whatever amount you think the job is worth to you, but bear in mind that upwork will take 20% of this amount for billings under $500. 

It often happens that clients hire people who bid above the stated amount/budget. If you bid higher than $20 the worst that can happen is that the client won't hire you; if you bid less than $20 the client still may not hire you, so bid an amount that you feel comfortable with. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
reinierb
Community Member

You can bid whatever amount you think the job is worth to you, but bear in mind that upwork will take 20% of this amount for billings under $500. 

It often happens that clients hire people who bid above the stated amount/budget. If you bid higher than $20 the worst that can happen is that the client won't hire you; if you bid less than $20 the client still may not hire you, so bid an amount that you feel comfortable with. 

Thank you for the response and suggestions! Will make a good use of them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths