cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed price instead of per hour fee

Highlighted
Sandra A Member Since: Oct 27, 2016
1 of 8

I would like to know if it is possible for me to have a fixed price per word (for editing or proofreading) instead of the charge per hour? If so, how do I change it on my profile?

Thank you!

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 8

@Sandra A wrote:

I would like to know if it is possible for me to have a fixed price per word (for editing or proofreading) instead of the charge per hour? If so, how do I change it on my profile?

Thank you!

You can't change it on the profile, Upwork is hourly-oriented for historical reasons but you definitely can charge fixed prices. Please read the help section to learn more about the site.

And this: Getting Started on Upwork

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
3 of 8

I would also remove the below average test scores (for spelling) especially if you are a proofreader. That's a negative on your profile. Clients don't want to hire a proofreader who can't spell.

Also, condense your overview. Either split it up into seperate paragraphs, or eliminate any unnecessary information. Perhaps use bullet points for clarification on some of the skills or services you offer/have.

4 of 8

Thank you for the advice!

5 of 8

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 8

And Sandra, even if you charge fixed prices only, your profile hourly rate has to give an idea of your value. And $12.5/hour means no value at all.

ETA: and your profile needs a lot of work. First, please avoid the wall-of-text overview.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

Hi Sandra,

In addition to Rene's advice, you may want to search the Community for threads discussing rates per word and per hour for translators, writers and editors. This topic has come up a few times before. Check out this thread for example.

~ Valeria
Untitled
8 of 8

Thank you, I've downloaded some of the info.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS