Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed price job payment

Highlighted
Bisma H Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
1 of 4

Hi

I finished my second job(fixed price) on Upwork. I requested payment.  the client asked me to do one more bit which I did straight away..but after that, he just didn't reply. It's been two days. Now do I keep reminding him to give me my due $5? Or will I get them automatically after a couple of days?

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm just a little scared as I have been scammed already by a verified payment client with a great rating..(I sent the work through Upwork message) and he disappeared..didn't hire me or anything...
So..basically just having weird experiences since I joined Upwork Smiley Sad

Please suggest what I should do.

Thanks in advance!

Bisma

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

re: " It's been two days. Now do I keep reminding him to give me my due $5? Or will I get them automatically after a couple of days?"

No. Do not keep reminding him.

Yes, you will be paid automaticaly.

Not after 2 days, but after 14 days.

Clients are never obligated to reply. It is polite, but you get paid either way. I always get paid for my fixed-price contract work, regardless of whether or not the client replies or processes payment manually or simply disappears completely. I always get paid.

The payment you will be paid automatically paid is the amount funded in escrow.

That needs to be funded before you start work on the project.

Then, when you finish the work, click on the green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

Attach any pertinent files. Write a brief note about what you're submitting.

Don't re-submit!

Just be patient and wait either for:

a) the client to manually click a button on her end to release payment to you

b) 14 days to pass and Upwork releases payment to you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 4

re: "I sent the work through Upwork message"

That is not the correct way to submit fixed-price work.

It won't hurt anything if you do that.

But you need to use the official green "Submit Work / Release Payment" button in order to start the countdown clock on you actually getting paid automatically.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Bisma H Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
4 of 4

*phew*

makes me feel better! thank you for the detailed reply. I have already clicked the submit work button two days ago so will now wait for the 14 day period to end and see how it goes.

Thanks

Bisma