🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Fixed-price project
Page options
mashabelles
Community Member

Fixed-price project

Hi, all. I'm new here and slightly confused by a job posting. The client is looking for a part-time writer to submit a 300-400 word post every Monday-Friday. The job is listed with a fixed price of $40. Does that mean the freelancer would get $40 for each post or $40 for all five of them? Thanks for your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

Marcie B wrote:

Hi, all. I'm new here and slightly confused by a job posting. The client is looking for a part-time writer to submit a 300-400 word post every Monday-Friday. The job is listed with a fixed price of $40. Does that mean the freelancer would get $40 for each post or $40 for all five of them? Thanks for your help!

First, welcome to Upwork! The community is a great way to learn the in's and out's of the platform. Never guess the budget. Always ask, even in your proposal. I would do my pitch, propose $40, and include the copy "fixed price is a placeholder until I have a better understanding of project scope". This way you're not committing to $40 OR $40 for 5 blog posts. 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Marcie B wrote:

First, welcome to Upwork! The community is a great way to learn the in's and out's of the platform. Never guess the budget. Always ask, even in your proposal. I would do my pitch, propose $40, and include the copy "fixed price is a placeholder until I have a better understanding of project scope". This way you're not committing to $40 OR $40 for 5 blog posts. 

Good luck!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the guidance.

You would be surprised at what clients are willing to pay when they find the right person.

A client might be planning to pay $40.... Because that is about what she thinks the work of the freelancers she has worked with before is worth.

But what if she read your proposal and read some of your portfolio pieces...

You might ask for $80, and she might readily say yes, laughing to herself at the deal she is getting because she thought she would need to pay at least $100.

Thank you, Preston. Your response was really helpful. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths