🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Flipping deals
Page options
7909186d
Community Member

Flipping deals

Is it possible to be flipping deals. That I take jobs from upwork and connect them with experts in fiverr. Then get my margin. If there is someone who does that please connect me to him/ her.

The second problem is I have not managed to get any client . Please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jerome:

I think you are awesome. And smart. And I don't think you actually need our help with this. I think you already have the answers you are looking for.

Imagine your friend Dayna.

Dayna has a small busines baking artisan breads.

Dayna wanted to get a website made for her business, but she had no knowledge of how to create a website.

She had a choice between:

a) hiring a talented website creator on Upwork who was going to do the work directly

[or]

b) hiring somebody on Upwork who wasn't actually going to do any of the work, but was going to hire five-dollar freelancers on Fiverr

====

SPOILER ALERT:

Dayna went with (b).

She hired a gal on Upwork who then hired people on Fiverr, and nobody really knew what was going on. The Fiverr people set up a canned template website that didn't meet Dayna's needs, and when Dayna asked the Upwork freelancer to make some changes, that person didn't know how to do anything.

Dayna finally ended the contract, giving the Upwork freelancer bad feedback.

This happened a few more times and the Upwork freelancer's profile had nothing but bad feedback and complaints from clients.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 6.42.23 AM.png

LOL, I was literally lost for words. 

7909186d
Community Member

Please I am asking for your thoughts on this matter

Jerome:

I think you are awesome. And smart. And I don't think you actually need our help with this. I think you already have the answers you are looking for.

Imagine your friend Dayna.

Dayna has a small busines baking artisan breads.

Dayna wanted to get a website made for her business, but she had no knowledge of how to create a website.

She had a choice between:

a) hiring a talented website creator on Upwork who was going to do the work directly

[or]

b) hiring somebody on Upwork who wasn't actually going to do any of the work, but was going to hire five-dollar freelancers on Fiverr

====

SPOILER ALERT:

Dayna went with (b).

She hired a gal on Upwork who then hired people on Fiverr, and nobody really knew what was going on. The Fiverr people set up a canned template website that didn't meet Dayna's needs, and when Dayna asked the Upwork freelancer to make some changes, that person didn't know how to do anything.

Dayna finally ended the contract, giving the Upwork freelancer bad feedback.

This happened a few more times and the Upwork freelancer's profile had nothing but bad feedback and complaints from clients.

Preston gave you his thoughts (and I agree), but it sounds like you didn't understand him, so I'll put this more simply: It's a bad idea. Sure, there are some people who do make money at "flipping" (better known as "farming"), but they're good at sales and customer service. You say that you can't find clients for yourself, so how will you find clients for other people? Also, this isn't an easy way to make money; people who subcontract work are responsible for the quality of that work, which usually means that you'll have to catch any problems or fix any mistakes that "your" freelancers make. Cheap freelancers will generally give you either shoddy or stolen work, which means that clients will complain to you, dispute payments, request refunds and leave you with bad feedback. So, you need to ask yourself if that sounds better than just getting clients and doing the work yourself. 

If a freelancer is hired on upwork, but the work is performed on another platform by somebody else, with the freelancer receiving a commission on upwork, that sounds a lot like circumvention to me. Which is not allowed. 

I'm not sure if that would apply, since Upwork would still make its commission on the full price of the project that the farmer would charge the client. But it's not necessary to go to other platforms in order to find cheap freelancers anyway.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths