🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Focus on writing or programming for long term...
Page options
elias-ericson
Community Member

Focus on writing or programming for long term clients?

Hello,

I want to create a good profile and make it strong for clients and hopefully be able to take a long and big project over, say 5 months or similar. I wonder if I should focus on writing or development for this? What do you think is best for long term projects that are not too difficult. Some development tasks can be a bit too much sometimes in my experience but could be different. At the same time a development job could be a task that you know and can make happen over a few months. Same with writing, sometimes they need continuous work of articles which is a great long term project. I think writing is a little bit easier but at the same time, could be more difficult to get clients. What do you think?

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Elias E wrote:

Hello,

I want to create a good profile and make it strong for clients and hopefully be able to take a long and big project over, say 5 months or similar. I wonder if I should focus on writing or development for this? What do you think is best for long term projects that are not too difficult. Some development tasks can be a bit too much sometimes in my experience but could be different. At the same time a development job could be a task that you know and can make happen over a few months. Same with writing, sometimes they need continuous work of articles which is a great long term project. I think writing is a little bit easier but at the same time, could be more difficult to get clients. What do you think?

Definitely only do what you know you can deliver excellent results each and every time, a few bad decisions on jobs can sink your upwork career really fast. But only you know what that is. 

(Don't display below average results from tests. Looks bad.)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths