🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: For Inquiry
Page options
khanshadman_sh85
Community Member

For Inquiry

I have written a poem on "The Field".I have Added it in my portfolio.Will it be o.k.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

Shadman Shahriar H K wrote:

I have written a poem on "The Field".I have Added it in my portfolio.Will it be o.k.

---

As long as it is written solely by you (and not copied from somewhere else,) then yes, you can add it in your portfolio. You can also add work you did for a client as long as you get the clients permission to do so. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

It is definitely interesting, but you must use a spell-checker. 

kat303
Community Member

---

As long as it is written solely by you (and not copied from somewhere else,) then yes, you can add it in your portfolio. You can also add work you did for a client as long as you get the clients permission to do so. 

It is Written By Me.Thanks For you Help.

colettelewis
Community Member

Shadman,

Don't offer writing skills in English. Your competition on this site is much too fierce and it's unlikely that you will get an assignment in this category.

However, I do think you should continue to write, but in your own language and then get it professionally translated into English. I have looked at your portfolio, and I suggest that you continue with your poetry. I think that you have considerable feeling for language (in a poetic sense), so don't give up writing, just don't offer it English, because there are too many mistakes in your English portfolio to make your offer viable. 

Do you have other skills that are not writing/editing/proofreading in English, that you could exploit?

Nichola L wrote:

Shadman,

Don't offer writing skills in English. Your competition on this site is much too fierce and it's unlikely that you will get an assignment in this category.

However, I do think you should continue to write, but in your own language

I would like to strongly second Nichola's post. I wanted to say something similar, but struggled to find a sensitive way to say it.

Like Nichola said, you clearly have "a voice" but your English is currently (and will be for years) too poor to try and sell yourself as a writer in English.

Is there a market for writers who write in your native language?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths