🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » For my referral: Where does she need to get i...
Page options
therealos
Community Member

For my referral: Where does she need to get it right for her account to be verified

Hello, I Introduced my friend to Upwork over a year ago, but her account hasn't been approved since then. She kept updating **edited for Community Guidelines** and even took up certifications and new skills just so she could have her account approved, but the account remains unapproved. At a time, I suggested that the Bot has probably blacklisted her mail and name, and told her to re-register and, but she remains in the dilemma even after deleting the account and re-registering and deleting and re-registering twice, the account remains unverified. The sad part is, now she knows so much information from the upwork community than even I who told her about it, and as much as I am also glad at how she has really developed as a content creator over the same period, I really don't know how else I can help her ensure that she gets a verified account. 

I told her to post these herself, but she doesn't have the "add new topic" button active on her account. All she desires now is to know where she needs to make changes in order to get her profile approved, and she says she'll not give up on upwork as long as she does not knows where else she needs to get it right. I'd be glad if you could please tell me (or mail her) about where else she needs to get it right, just so I have something to pass on to her.

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@Oluwatobi O wrote:

Hello, I Introduced my friend to Upwork over a year ago, but her account hasn't been approved since then. She kept updating **edited for Community Guidelines** and even took up certifications and new skills just so she could have her account approved, but the account remains unapproved. At a time, I suggested that the Bot has probably blacklisted her mail and name, and told her to re-register and, but she remains in the dilemma even after deleting the account and re-registering and deleting and re-registering twice

Your friend was not only rejected (repeatedly,) she then broke the terms of service repeatedly by creating new accounts.

The best advice that can be given to her is to find a different platform.

Actually she deleted an account before creating a new one, she didn't create two accounts simultaneously. Does that also apply to violation of terms?

@Oluwatobi O wrote:

Actually she deleted an account before creating a new one, she didn't create two accounts simultaneously. Does that also apply to violation of terms?

Yes.

Every day (according to the CEO) 10.000 hopefuls try to join Upwork.

98% are rejected.

Your friend might as well stop wasting her time and go to another platform.

Hi Oluwatobi,

Just to confirm that each user is allowed to have only one account, creating more than one is a violation of our TOS. The case you have described to delete your account before opening a new one is also a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
therealos
Community Member

I wish I could get other moderators to reply me

I understand you - I have a friend who got rejected as well. She tried again and got rejected again. Then she forgot about it and continued in another direction.

I'm not a moderator, but I know for certain that Petra is 100% right. Creating one account after another is a violation of TOS. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths