🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Formal plans from my drawings, reasonable cos...
Page options
62812e9d
Community Member

Formal plans from my drawings, reasonable cost?

I tried searching the website to help answer this so if someone wants to yell at me for not finding it, I guess I'm ok with that but I did try.

We recently toured a home that was just built and really liked the floor plan a lot.  I even took video of a walkthrough of the entire house.  I could draw a rough approximation of the house but would have to guess on room sizes; although I believe the house was 1750 square feet total. Based on my drawing and video I have, what would be a reasonable price for someone to draw up plans?  The video would be  very handy to know where appliances were, closets layouts, bathroom layouts, etc.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You could probably hire somebody to do that for $100.

Or maybe $5000.

Or more

It depends on who you hire.

It depends on what kind of plans you need. Blueprints for contractors to use? 2D drawings that an be given to a 3D modeller to use in creating a animatics model for a short film? Plans to be used by cabinet makers?

One way that you could get a better idea about these numbers would be to search for freelancers on the main Upwork.com site. Do a search for people who can do this type of work, and then look at their work histories.

Do you see any projects that are similar to yours?
How much did these freelancers charge?

Another thing you might want to do is to post your question as an hourly job posting.

Specifically state that this is not a job posting to hire people to do drawings.

Specifically state that this is not a job posting to hire people to write up a quote or spec document.

State that you are hiring people for a consultation only, and state that they must not do anything to prepare for the consultation session beforehand. Then hire 4 different people, and talk to them for 20 minutes each, asking them about how much it would cost to get this project done.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

You could probably hire somebody to do that for $100.

Or maybe $5000.

Or more

It depends on who you hire.

It depends on what kind of plans you need. Blueprints for contractors to use? 2D drawings that an be given to a 3D modeller to use in creating a animatics model for a short film? Plans to be used by cabinet makers?

One way that you could get a better idea about these numbers would be to search for freelancers on the main Upwork.com site. Do a search for people who can do this type of work, and then look at their work histories.

Do you see any projects that are similar to yours?
How much did these freelancers charge?

Another thing you might want to do is to post your question as an hourly job posting.

Specifically state that this is not a job posting to hire people to do drawings.

Specifically state that this is not a job posting to hire people to write up a quote or spec document.

State that you are hiring people for a consultation only, and state that they must not do anything to prepare for the consultation session beforehand. Then hire 4 different people, and talk to them for 20 minutes each, asking them about how much it would cost to get this project done.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths